Queens College of Guyana Alumni Association (Toronto)
Percival House -- 'A' House -- was one of the first two Houses
at Queen's College. It was introduced in 1916 when the school of
about 70 students was divided into 'A' and 'B' Houses.
In 1922 formal names: Percival,Raleigh and Austin respectively,
were given to the first three Houses, 'A', 'B', and 'C' based on a
system of drawn lots.
'A' House was named for Mr. W.E. Percival , youngest
appointed Q.C. Principal and was introduced in 1916/17.
The first House Master for 'A' House was E.O. Pilgrim
House colours were first introduced into School ties as a mark of
distinction in 1933.
Red is the Percival House colour.