Queens College of Guyana Alumni Association (Toronto)
The current House System consisting of ten Houses was first
introduced in 1916 when the school of about 70 students was
divided into 'A' and 'B' Houses.
In 1922 formal names: Percival, Raleigh and Austin respectively,
were given to the first three Houses, 'A', 'B', and 'C' based on a
system of drawn lots.
'H' House was named for Sir Charles C. Woolley, Governor
overseeing and opening the current school building. Woolley was
one of seven Houses added later in 1954/1955.
House colours were first introduced into School ties as a mark of
distinction in 1933.
Light Green is the Woolley House Colour